Dental implants are a great tool in the fight to give you a healthier smile. If you have missing or damaged teeth from injury, illness or improper care, dental implants may be the perfect way to replace missing teeth and give you back a smile that gives you confidence and self-esteem.
Are You a Candidate for a Dental Implant?
Ideal candidates for dental implants have good oral and overall health. It’s also important that there is adequate bone in the jaw area in order to support an implant. Perfect candidates also have mouths that are free of periodontal disease.
While these factors may make an ideal candidate, that doesn’t exclude others who have had problems with gum disease or health in the past. The best way to determine if you are a candidate for dental implants in Fairfax, VA is to schedule a visit with a professional like Dr. Withers.
The Dental Implant Procedure
Based on the severity of your missing teeth and the placement in the mouth, the dental implant procedure is different for every patient. The treatment plan is tailored to fit your wants and needs and often depends on the type of implant that is chosen for your mouth.
- Single Tooth Replacement – A missing single tooth can be replaced with a crown and one implant.
- Replacement of Several Teeth – Implanted-supported bridges may be used to replace several missing teeth.
- Total Mouth Replacement – If all of your teeth are missing, a full denture or implant-supported denture may be used to replace your teeth.
- Ridge Modification – If you have a deformity in your lower or upper jaw, you may not have enough bone for dental implants to be placed. A ridge modification may then be used to lift the gums away and expose the defect, which is then filled with a substance that helps to support the ridge.
- Sinus Augmentation – This technique may be used if the implant is placed in the upper back jaw and your jaw is lacking in bone quality and quantity, or is too close to the sinus area.
Your recovery and your treatment process will greatly depend on the type of implant you choose.
Contact Us Today
If you have missing teeth that you would like replaced in a fairly simple way, call us today at 571-317-2564 to learn more about dental implants in Fairfax, VA.
Currently rated by 0 people